Winter Storm Public Information
WINTER STORM PUBLIC INFORMATION
EASLEY, SC -
1/18/2022 - 8:00 am
Good Morning, Easley!
All city offices are open for business as usual.
1/16/2022 - 9:00am
Good Morning, Easley!
Everything looks beautiful looking out of the living room window, however, please remember to remain at home as weather conditions are expected to worsen as the storm continues.
All City Departments are working hand-in-hand over the course of this winter storm.
As of this morning, the Fire Department has responded to emergency calls, and the Police Department has responded to numerous stranded motorists.
- Stay off the roads and shelter in place.
- Stay warm and remain vigilant.
- If you have a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
1/15/2022 - 10:00am
The City of Easley’s Incident Management team met and is prepared for the approaching storm. We have crews working over the weekend to assist as needed. Keep in mind that the city will not be clearing city streets however if there is a life threatening emergency, First Responders will arrive. SCDOT will be clearing SCDOT roads and highways. Everyone should shelter in place and stay off the road during the storm event and afterward until the streets are clear.
We realize some people may not follow online resources. Please stay in touch with neighbors who may be at risk. Follow updates on City Website at: www.cityofeasley.com
To prepare for an emergency:
* Assemble disaster supplies for your house in advance.
* Ensure that each member of your household has a warm coat, gloves or mittens, hat, and water-resistant boots.
* Have extra blankets on hand.
* First aid kit and essential medications for several days.
* Battery-powered weather radio and portable radio flashlight with extra batteries.
* Non-perishable food for several days and non-electric can opener.
* Bottled water.
* Heating fuel.
* Secure backup heat sources such as kerosene.
* Bags of salt for slippery walkways and driveways if you must leave your home.
Avoid traveling by car in a storm, if possible, but if you must travel, then let someone know your destination and your traveling route. Travel well in advance of the storm.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR OFFICIAL RELEASES:
Public Information Release 1
Public Information Release 2
Public Information Release 3