Mobile homes are not allowed to be placed in the City of Easley except for under the following conditions:
The mobile home is being placed in an established mobile home park.
- Mobile homes cannot be older than 5 years.
- Mobile homes must receive a moving permit from Pickens County.
- Pickens County Mobile Home Department can be reached at (864) 898-5616.
- Mobile Home Tax decal must be received from Pickens County.
- Mobile home set-up permit must be received from City of Easley before allowing the mobile home to be placed on your property.
- IMPORTANT: If your home is a modular home, you must submit a statement from the factory with these specifics to the permitting office at time of permit.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR POWER ON MOBILE HOMES
NOTE: This is only a partial list of things required for an inspection and should not be construed as being all-inclusive.
- Must have 3×3 landings and stairs with handrails and pickets at all doors.
- Must have working smoke detectors meeting today’s codes must be in the bedroom areas.
- All mobile homes must be under skirted within 30 days of the date of the permit.
- All mobile homes must have the correct number of tie downs (at least 6).
- Mobile homes without central air must have working windows with screens.
- All outlets within 6’ of a water source must be GFCI.
- All panel boxes must be labeled; any empty spaces in the panel boxes must have covers on them.
- Disconnect box must be mounted under meter.
- Must have 911 address numbers posted on the mobile home.